Information Technician III
Place of Performance: College Park, MD
Salary Based on Experience
Period of Performance: One year plus three option years
General Requirements: A graduate degree from an accredited college or university with a major in communication or natural sciences or a clearly related field(s). Five (5) years demonstrated experience related directly to the individual Task Order. Demonstrated experience writing for the commercial electronic or written media in the area of science or related issues (for example, script writer for a scientific news program), is desirable. NOTE: a PhD in a related field may be used as a substitute for three (3) years of the required experience.
- Assists in the development of communication and information materials through appropriate protocols.
- Assists in the planning and development of written information materials that can by effectively understood by the intended audience (of varying degrees of scientific/program knowledge), including the general public, children, policy makers, other scientists, etc.
- Works with other members of an established communications team, subject matter experts, and center scientists and staff.
- Submits written communication products as requested. These written materials include brochures, newsletters, briefing papers, website content, and press releases.
- Prepare written communication materials in prescribed formats or formats developed collaboratively with staff.
- The ability to clearly and accurately translate and express complex issues in a variety of written forms is a requirement.
- High degree of familiarity with writing commercial electronic or written media in the area of science/program or related issues.
- Performs a variety of specific and complex tasks.
- Completes all assignments in a professional and independent manner.
- Primary job functions require a high degree of work independence and judgement.