Place of Performance: College Park, MD
Salary Based on Experience
Period of Performance: One year plus three option years
General Requirements: An Associate degree in English, Literature, or other related discipline. With at least six (6) years of specialized experience, a degree is not required. Satellite hardware, systems, and data knowledge a plus.
- Interprets scientists’ notes and ideas and translates them into layman’s terms for documentation/communication.
- Review and update publications.
- Researches, writes and edits materials for related manuals, briefs, proposals, instructional material, catalogs, technical publications and reports.
- Obtains data from independent observation, reviews with staff members, and studies of published materials and existing documentation.
- Interfaces with users, specialist, analysts, programmers, and other appropriate individuals to obtain background business, technical information, methods and standards.
- Revises text and recommends changes in scope, format, and content to ensure conformance with established standards.
- May edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers.
- Performs final quality assurance on all materials.