Line Office: NESDIS STAR
Place of Performance: College Park, MD
Salary Based on Experience
Period of Performance: One year plus three option years
General Requirements: High School Diploma plus 4 years of experience.
Duties and Qualifications:
- Assist in development materials for distribution to the media and general public through appropriate protocols.
- Submit written materials as requested.
- Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the communications and/or journalism field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Performs a variety of program tasks/assignments.
- Assignments may require completion outside normal hours of operation; for example: accompanying an Outreach Specialist to a media event on a weekend so that the contractor can gather information to submit in writing.
- Basic knowledge, use, and skill with digital cameras for picture taking is required.
- Must possess knowledge of HTML.
- Completes all assignments in a professional and independent manner.
- Primary job function requires some degree of work independence and judgement.