Line Office: NESDIS STAR
Place of Performance: College Park, MD
Salary Based on Experience
Period of Performance: One year plus three option years
General Requirements: High School Diploma plus 4 years of experience.
Duties and Qualifications:
- Assists in the development of communication and information materials through appropriate protocols.
- Assists in the planning and development of written information materials that can be effectively understood by the intended audience (of varying degrees of scientific/program knowledge), including the general public, children, policy makers, and other scientists, etc.
- Work with other members of an established communications team, subject matter experts, and Center scientists and staff.
- Submits written communication products as requested, including: brochures, newsletters, briefing papers, website content, and press releases.
- Prepare written communications materials in prescribed formats or formats developed collaboratively with staff.
- The ability to clearly and accurately translate and express complex issues in a variety of written forms is a requirement.
- High degree of familiarity with writing commercial electronic or written media in the area of science/program or related issues.
- Performs a variety of specific and complex tasks.
- Completes all assignments in professional and independent manner.
- Primary job functions require a high degree of work independence and judgement.
Must be willing to submit to background investigation
Please submit your résumé in MS Word format when responding
EEO and drug-free workplace
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status