Budget and Financial Support
Line Office: NESDIS STAR
Place of Performance: College Park, MD
Salary Based on Experience
Period of Performance: One year plus three option years
General Requirements: High School Diploma plus 4 years of experience.
Duties and Qualifications:
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of staff and agency information.
- Collect and maintain data required for budget planning and execution activities, including tracking commitments and obligations, running reports, and maintaining accurate files.
- Prepare responses to actions, reports, and presentations of budget and financial data for colleagues and upper management.
- Analyze data for discrepancies; take appropriate steps to resolve issues based on Federal direction.
- Conduct financial analyses of STAR data as provided.
- Consolidate input pertaining to the development and drafting of STAR financial policies and procedures.
- Input data into STAR Admin Database.
- Process documentation for financial corrections.
- Prepare invoices for payment.
- Interact (including lead for assignment-specific communications) with STAR Leadership and Program Managers. Responsible for providing information and guidance, recording leadership decisions and adjusting relevant document accordingly.
Must be willing to submit to background investigation
Please submit your résumé in MS Word format when responding
EEO and drug-free workplace
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status