Administrative and Travel Support
Line Office: NESDIS STAR
Place of Performance: College Park, MD
Salary Based on Experience
Period of Performance: One year plus three option years
General Requirements: High School Diploma plus 2 years of experience.
Duties and Qualifications:
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of staff and agency information.
- Provide overall administrative office support, including but not limited to clerical duties, answering phones, greeting visitors, monitoring email, maintaining calendars and acting as a resource for administrative procedures.
- Populate, as directed, and review forms and documents for accuracy, completeness, and quality, and raise content concerns to appropriate managers and subject matter experts as appropriate.
- Collaborate with other administrative assistants across the organization and participate in efforts to coordinate administrative functions.
- Coordinate logistics in the preparation and hosting of large group meetings, workshops, conferences, and events. This includes, but is not limited to registration, meeting room set-up, materials preparation, and related exigencies.
- Participate in administrative projects.
- Assist with maintaining a qualified federal workforce and ensuring compliance with agency requirements, including involvement with performance plans, evaluations, and training.
- Assist with maintaining Federal personnel files, and in-processing and out-processing of staff (Federal and affiliate).
- Coordinate ordering of office supplies and maintaining office supply inventory.
- Suggest improvements for administrative practices.
- Monitor e-mail for key issues, actions, follow-ups, milestones, meetings and events.
- Provide input to prioritize activities for senior staff.
- Initiate purchase requests and document review requests using the appropriate DOC, NOAA, NESDIS, or STAR online system. Track the requests to completion.
- Support leadership activities by tracking management-identified issues and compiling documents for review and signature.
- Prioritize, per federal direction, incoming and outcoming communications (i.e., electronic mail and general correspondence), and calendar appointments and events for senior management staff.
- Initiate, assign, track, and respond to administrative actions originating from both internal and external stakeholders and maintain all supporting documentation for future access.
- Support reviews of program functions.
- Support the analysis of business procedures.
- Process travel for assigned Federal staff, from the point of the Federal Employee’s travel request to the payout of the post-travel voucher.
- The contractor shall utilize government travel systems.
- Process Conference Packages in compliance with the DOC/NOAA/NESDIS review/approval process.
- Serve as the primary STAR Travel Liaison to NESDIS.
- Maintain NESDIS/STAR travel sheet with regards to TA, TV and Conference Package status.
- Assist with responses to NOAA, NESDIS and STAR actions related to travel and conference packages.
- Consult with the STAR Travel Coordinator for assistance with unusual travel circumstances.
Must be willing to submit to background investigation
Please submit your résumé in MS Word format when responding
EEO and drug-free workplace
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status